- A Powerful Antioxidant.
- May Improve Mood and Treat Depressive Symptoms.
- May Have Cancer-Fighting Properties.
- May Reduce PMS Symptoms.
- May Act as an Aphrodisiac.
- May Reduce Appetite and Aid Weight Loss.
- Easy to Add to Your Diet.
One simple way to supplement a meal with saffron is to add a few strands to a cup of hot water. Doing this pulls most of the flavor from the saffron. A person can then add both the water and saffron to a savory dish at the end of cooking.
Saffron is also becoming more available as a supplement, generally in the form of powdered stigmas in capsules. It is important to speak to a doctor before taking any new supplements.